Pursuant to the provisions of section 9(2) of the Freedom of Information Act, 1991 (FOI Act), the following details are provided as part of the Information Statement of the Department for Trade and Investment (DTI) which is an agency as defined under section 4(1)(e) of the FOI Act.
Subject to certain restrictions, the FOI Act gives members of the public a legally enforceable right to access information held by the Government of South Australia.
An introduction to FOI is provided on the State Records South Australia's website.
Structure and functions
The Department for Trade and Investment (DTI) consists of a number of business units.
From 1 July 2022, Planning and Land Use Services (PLUS) (including the Office of the Surveyor-General, Office of the Registrar-General and Office for Design and Architecture) and Office of the Valuer-General was transferred from the Attorney-General’s Department to DTI.
- Trade and Investment
- State Planning Commission
- Office for Design and Architecture
- Office of the Surveyor-General
- Office of the Valuer-General
Documents held within DTI
Documents held by DTI fall broadly into the categories described below. Documents can be requested in hard copy or electronically unless advised otherwise. The listing of these categories does not necessarily mean all documents are accessible in full or in part under the FOI Act.
The categories include:
- Corporate files containing correspondence, memoranda and minutes on all aspects of the department's operations
- Policies, procedures and guidelines prescribing the way various activities and programs are to be performed
- Personnel files relating to the department's employees
- Accounting and financial reports relating to the running of the department
- Departmental annual reports, strategic plans and policy reports
- Minutes of meetings and terms of reference
- Documents relating to the functions of the department's business units.
Documents available from DTI
Free of charge
The following types of documents are published on the agency’s website and/or are publicly available free of charge by contacting the department:
- Information packs
- Application forms for services
- Discussion papers
- Strategic plans
- Fact sheets
- Media releases
Making an application for access to/or amendment of documents
Any person is able to exercise their right to access information held by DTI under the FOI Act by requesting documents and/or the amendment of documents concerning personal affairs if they are incomplete, incorrect, misleading or out of date.
For information on how to apply for access under the FOI Act, please see Freedom of Information.