The Department for Trade and Investment (DTI) enables economic growth in South Australia by attracting investment, increasing exports, building global reputation and removing barriers to business.
We are responsible for driving business investment in the state across all industries, and for facilitating trade in all goods and services both interstate and internationally.
We help you expand your business into South Australia and provide opportunities for investment.
Enabling economic growth in South Australia by attracting investment, increasing exports, building global reputation and removing barriers to business.
DTI is the government agency with frontline responsibility for driving business investment in the state across all industries, and for facilitating trade in all goods and services both interstate and internationally.
DTI leads the identification of likely growth industries for the state and works with other economic agencies and industry to deliver nine priority sector strategies, ensuring industry-led economic growth targets and actions are set.
DTI presents a single front door to industry on trade and investment.
DTI carries responsibility for promoting South Australian trade and investment capability and opportunities, with focus on the nine target sectors.
- Trust – We build trust, we promote confidence in each other and our service
- Can do – We have a ‘can do’ attitude, and are proactive, energetic and positive
- Commercial – We are commercial and customer focused, setting high standards and driving outcomes
- One team – We take a collaborative approach, share our wins and focus on creating better solutions by working together with industry
- Courageous – We empower and promote leadership at all levels
- Questioning and innovative – We are forward looking and continually improving.
Our functions, objectives and deliverables
- Facilitate business connections by locating trade and investment offices in key international markets
- provides businesses with a one-stop-shop for training, mentoring and advice on exporting
- delivers the Global Expansion Program, SA Export Accelerator, eCommerce Accelerator and, Export Fundamentals Programs to support businesses on their export journey
- delivers bespoke trade support to businesses to assist them to grow their revenue base through focus on their individual export journey
- pursues, promotes and facilitates foreign investment into South Australia to diversify the economy
- manages the South Australian Industry Capability Network
- responsible for the trade and investment stream of the Growth State Plan and works with industry, other government departments and industry bodies to ensure industry led sector strategies positively impact the state’s economic competitiveness and growth.