Export Accelerator Grants provide up to $30,000 to small and medium sized businesses to access new global markets through marketing and export development opportunities.
This is available to businesses that have exhausted or are not eligible for other funding streams. Applicants must use the Emerging Export Grant first, if eligible, and the project is suitable.
This is a competitive program that is awarded based on the merit of applications.
Applicants can receive the grant if they meet all of the core program eligibility criteria, additionally; an applicant must also:
- Not be eligible for the Emerging Exporter category or the New Market Entry category
- Have an annual turnover between $100,000 and $15 million
- Be a registered South Australian business and a sole trader, company, partnership or trust
- Have an ABN and be registered for GST
- Have been actively trading for at least 24 months
- Have a tradeable, export-ready good or service that is made in South Australia (refer to page 13 of the SAEA Program Guidelines).
- Be able to enter into a legally binding funding agreement with the South Australian Government
- Be willing to provide information and data, including financial information as required
- Be able to commit and contribute 1:1 matched funds towards the proposed costs
- Provide at least two sets of recent full financial statements prepared in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards, inclusive of but not limited to a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement that reflect the previous two years of business.
Businesses can be awarded multiple grants until they reach the $30,000 funding cap.
If successful, An Export Accelerator Grant will only cover eligible costs incurred up to six months prior to, and 12 months following the closing date of the round in which the application is submitted.
Applicants may be sole traders, companies and trusts.
As part of your application you will need to upload:
- An export plan of no more than 15 pages with details of your business export expansion or growth plans, including (but not limited to) a description of your business, your product/service, export market selection, market entry strategy, breakdown of costs, project milestones, and an explanation of how your business will create new jobs and/or increase export revenue
- Your two most recent sets of full financial statements prepared in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards, inclusive of but not limited to a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement that reflect the last two years of business
- Projections, budget or cashflow forecast for the next 12 months.
Applications must be submitted by 5:00PM CST on the close date in order to be considered.
If you are logging in to resume a partially complete application, please note your saved progress is located in the dashboard. Saved applications are available for 20 days.