Supporting South Australian businesses in adopting advanced manufacturing technologies.
Facilitated by key South Australian research institutions, the Emerging Technology Interest Groups help manufacturers explore key Industry 4.0 technologies, work with peers to understand and overcome implementation challenges, and connect to leading researchers to solve industrial problems. These cross-industry business groups meet on a regular basis with events such as presentations, tours and workshops, and build a community of shared knowledge around key technology trends.
Five separate groups have been established around (and facilitated by):
- Robotics and automation (Australian Industrial Transformation Institute, Flinders University)
- Virtual and augmented reality (Australian Research Centre for Interactive and Virtual Environments, The University of South Australia)
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing) (Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing, The University of Adelaide)
- Data-driven decision making (Advanced Computing Research Centre, The University of South Australia)
- Machine Learning (Australian Institute for Machine Learning, The University of Adelaide)
Membership for South Australian companies and researchers is free, and companies can participate in multiple groups.
Manufacturing Technology Network
The Manufacturing Technology Network newsletter connects manufacturers with the latest international news, research, and events in the South Australian manufacturing sector. Containing the latest information on the Emerging Technology Interest Groups and other manufacturing initiatives, the newsletter will help you understand new technologies, connect with research and build your knowledge base to connect and compete in global manufacturing supply chains.
See more about the Manufacturing Technology Network